Sunday, August 2, 2009

My neighbours have 2 dogs-and he breeds them every time to make money?

does he have to a licence to do this or can anyone do it? its a council property if that makes any difference-im just asking if its ok and legal not anyones personal opinion please-thanx x
Answers:
Legal yes, ethical no.
It's legal. Nothing wrong with breeding dogs. I bred my black lab for cash.

What a large group of small minded individuals on this website.

I bred my lab, whom I love very much, once, and sold the pups to good homes. I do have a job as a matter of fact, as does my partner. I live on a farm and have the care of many animals under my supervision...and I have a bunch of idiots sitting at PC screens in offices telling me to get a job and that I'm insensitive and ignorant for allowing my dog to pup. Very sad that such ignorant people are on this site.
its legal i bet everyone is at it.
Legal and no licence needed. Whether it's good for dogs to be intensively bred is another matter.
Unfortunately it is legal for anyone to breed dogs. That is why so many are put to sleep daily. Breeding for cash is ignorant and irresponsible. There is a more novel idea for earning cash... it's called GET A JOB.
which country are you in? which state?

some aspects of puppy mills are in many states in the US. - ask your local animals enforcement agency and read up on the AWA (animal welfare act).

http://www.hsus.org/pets/issues_affectin...
.
anyone can do it! It is kinda weird to have to go and apply for a license so that your dogs can have sex! It is a good way to make money but very trying and tough! Takes alot of skill to be a good breeder!
both points NO and its not proper to keep breeding in that manner
It's not illegal, though I wish it were, dogs are not puppy machines to generate money for their owners. Unfortunately some people don't care about their animals.
Phone RSPCA
Phone council

You do normally need permission to keep a dog at a council or housing association property.
It's not illegal - but you could have a quiet word with the income tax people - especially if he advertises the litters.
I don't know what state you live in. If your dog is not spayed or neutered one must pay more to get a dog's license $100.00 per dog in California. Your neighbor is a "backyard breeder". His poor female dog this is so hard on her body. People like him shouldn't be able to have dogs. Find out what your laws are there and call Animal Control and tell them of your concern. Thank you for caring. Take care and good luck;^)
He's probably here on PetQnA.com .
If a person breeds more than 5 litters a year they need to be licenced.

This sounds like a 'back yard' breeder and yes it is legal so long as he is not breeching his tenancy agreement by keeping dogs in the council property.
Its legal but cruel.
I'm gonna let my dog do it when he gets old enough. I see no problem with it. He's going to do the deed anyway, might as well get some money out of it. We're planning on getting a girl mini pom, dark chocolate, like Georgie, so yeah, we should get some good money off of that.
You could always shop him to the RSPCA if you think the dog's look uncared for. Especially the poor female, the male will be quite happy!
If he only has the 1 pair of dogs then it's legal and he doesn't need a license.To be classed as a professional breeder you need to produce more than 5 litters a year and he is unlikely to be getting more than 2 given that b-i-t-c-h's only come in season twice a year.

However he is a prat who is breeding for all the wrong reasons and he is doing the b-i-t-c-h's health a lot of harm breeding from her so much.
Unfortunately its not illegal, just cruel. I rescued one of my Old English Sheepdogs from someone who did this, she was 2 1/2 years old had had 3 litters and she was a mess, she looked like an old dog. I have had her spayed and as she has been pup free for 3 years she has regained her health and is a happy girl. I do breed my dogs some times, but not at that rate, I also have all the proper equipment and space. I only let them have pups if the mom is in tip top health, and no more than 2 litters. I have people phoning me looking for pups and i have to put them on a waiting list, but even then that doesn't mean they will get a pup from me, I am very carefull where my pups go, and I am always there for help and advice throughout the pups life. Its a big commitment letting your dogs have pups, you are responsible for them and you can't just give them away at 8 weeks and forget about them. If I were you I'd have a word with your local RSPCA and hopefully they will keep an eye on your neighbour.

No comments:

Post a Comment