Sunday, August 2, 2009

My parents Palm/palmerian and my dog?

I summitted a request for help with my parent small Palmeranian agression with my mid size mix dog George..
Sorry for the confussion of the Palm.. tree or horse... lol ooops
Answers:
I have a small Pomeranian also. She is about 6 pounds. My husband has beagles. She is not afraid of the beagles and shows them who is boss when they come inside. Any dog that is smaller then her, she is afraid of. What I have done to help the situation is hold Bella when the other come in and tell her "NO" when she crawls at them and tries to bite them. She is learning that she needs to get along with the others and isn't quite as aggressive now. It is a part of the Pomeranian character to protect their owner but with the right guidance, they also want to please their owners so will learn fast what will please your parents and will stop being so aggressive with your dog. Have them give their dog a treat whenever it does not get aggressive and it will associate the treat with the good behavior and thing will work out for all of you.
Pomeranian?, oops sorry. I thought you were talking about a horse or a dog. Still you need to respect the pack order, prehaps there was not enough socilisation when the dogs were young, so they don't understand each others body language. Dogs will often snap while they are sorting dominance out, just try to use distractions and give both dogs attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment