Sunday, August 2, 2009

My parents don't like cats. But my neighbor have kittens . What could i say to my parents about the cat.?


Answers:
well it depends. r u wanting one of the kittens? then talk to them. but if its just bcuz ur parents wont like the neighbor's cat, then just leave it b. after all, ppl r allowed to have cats even if not EVERYONE loves cats.
just be honest with them thats all u can do.
My mom and dad hated cats, but it was near my birthday and I really wanted one. I emailed my mom because she is the easiest to talk too me and talk around.I emailed her saying "I know you hate cats but if you let me have one I will keep it in my room, I will take full responsibility, and get a job" yada yada yada. I finally got one, and Ive had my cat for a year now. My parents love him now, he is babyed. Ive also just got a horse.. Just try and bribe them with the whole "ill do tis, always do chores when you say" kinda thing
First, you might ask them why they don't like cats. Is it because they think they will scratch things up; do they think animals should not live inside the house; did they have a bad experience with cats; do they worry about vet bills; do they think cats are not friendly? Or something else. If you can find out what they do not like about cats, then maybe you can see if it could still work out. If they think cats will scratch things up, there are little caps that a groomer can put on the claws that help to avoid that damage. These are a pretty new thing. Maybe you could earn the money to pay for a year's worth of them. If they had a bad experience with cats, see what it was. If they think animals should live outside, then maybe you can see why that is. If they worry about vet bills, then you do have to respect that, because animals do require vet care to be healthy and for you to be a good owner. Cats also can be friendly if you give them lots of love. You need to talk to your parents, and you need to listen to them, too. If they really don't want a cat in your house, then you need to respect that. Because they probably will end up paying for a lot of the care, including spaying or neutering the cat, or any other care when the cat might get sick, you need to understand their feelings. You can tell them the reasons you would like a cat, but you shouldn't argue with them. Maybe if you let them see one of the kittens they would think it is cute. If you simply cannot get a kitten, then perhaps you can volunteer to help at a local rescue league who keeps cats and kittens, and puppies, too. They often need help. You could also offer to take care of cats while neighbors are on vacation, if you are old enough, such as feeding, cleaning the litter box, and playing with the kitty while they are away. That would be a good job during the summer. See what your parents say.

No comments:

Post a Comment