Sunday, August 2, 2009

My pekingese lays down and wets herself on the bed... help?

I can smell her urine before I see it. But for a few times now, when she's on the bed, she can lay down and wet herself. Like it's out of her control. The thing is, there is no odor what so ever. So to me, this is some other kind of fluid, but from where? It started when she was pregnant a few years ago. I thought her water had broken. Since then, she's been spayed, and it's happended a few other times. Has anyone else had this problem or experienced this?
Answers:
I would take her to the vet to be checked out. She may be having a urinary tract infection, kidney troubles, or bladder stones, among other things. Your vet should be able to give her medication to help with incontinence.
This is normal in this breed of dog. I had a pekingese who did the same thing before as I told you in the other thread. They dont mean to do it but its just something that happens. There isnt anything you can do. I took my pekingese to the vet and the vet told me the only thing you can do is not let her on the bed. It could be that she doesnt want to get down or just that when she gets comfortable it pushes on there stomach. Either way its normal and as long as it isnt a puddle of urine dont worry about it. Just love her and let her know that you understand and you love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment