Sunday, August 2, 2009

My new puppy won't stop peeing on the carpet! Help!?

I got my new puppy on Tuesday. She is a 6 months old Chihuahua. I bought the training pads for her but she refuses to go on them. She went #1, and #2 on it once but that was it. I bring her to the pad everytime I see her sniffing around, also when we wake up, before we go to bed, and after she eats. But nothing seems to help. I have tried to clena the area in the carpet with the deoderizers that I got from Petsmart along with a spray to tell her where she can go. I have put a baby gate up to keep her in the kitchen but she refuses to go there also. I am wanting her to only go to the bathroom inside the house. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!
Answers:
well every puppy is a comotion, of course they will pee everywhere.
There are many diffrent methods of handling this. If u have a dog trainer, tell them and they have good methods.
What I know is what I learned with my dog when he was a pup. everytime he pees tell him no in a little stern way and put him out side or a little time out area for a minute so the dog knows it is doing something wrong.
also what u have to do is watch him like all the time. Everytime it looks as if he's going to pee, take him outside and stay with him until he performs then praise him to the skies. If he does pee in the house, you need to remove every trace of urine or he'll keep using that spot. You should also reward him every time the dog pees outside. There are many ways like I said. Teaching a pup isn't eay but they will eventually learn. I am a dog lover so I no a lot about dogs. I have listed links of my source and they will hopefully help u. Good luck :)
get her into a training class, quick
what? u want her to go only inside your house? it should be outside, and get a trainer
6 months she is still a pup and may require a little more time.

I know you said you want her to go in the bathroom but, is there a reason why you don't take her outside to go? Grass is ten times better than a puppy pad. I have to take my puppy down three flights of stairs every three hours to pee but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Get a crate and crate train - it is much much faster that way. Puppy pads don't work, I've tried em too.
Hi there! I have a new puppy and I have been having similar problems. I found a product called Odorcide. It has really worked great. My puppy started using the same spots my former dog had a few accidents in. This product will work on any surface , and eliminates the odor from the carpet and pad. I tried everything from the pet stores and nothing worked. This has really done a great job and it also did a great job of removing all other odors from the carpet. I have only had it a couple of weeks but I can already tell it has made a huge difference. I can't remember the name of the site but I think I just typed in Odorcide and found it.

1 comment: