Sunday, August 2, 2009

My new Alaskan malamute is afraid of me, how can I prevent this?

I just got a new 3 month old female Alaskan malamute, but it's afraid of me and backs away into a corner every time I try to approach it.
Answers:
When your going to approach her get down to her level and stay calm and don't get nervous b/c she will sense that and gently call her name and have a treat to reward her when she comes to you and just let her no that your not a scary thing out to hurt her if not then i think that you should call a vet.
Good Luck
Just be very patient with her. Gain her confidence by talking gently to her all the time. Give her tit bits when she responds to you. Good luck.
Do you yell at it. do you talk loud all the time. do you smack it if it craps on the floor. Or was it done in its last home if males treat dogs bad they tend to think there all the same way and shy away from them.
Lots of love and soft talking will help
I suggest you visit http://www.dogsvets.net and consult a breed expert for free

No comments:

Post a Comment