Sunday, August 2, 2009

My Parents Dog Keeps ??

My parents dog gets car sick? (sick and poopie)
I have heard that dogs will grow out of it but, can we do any thing to help him??

DON"T SAY DONT TAKE HIM IN THE CAR!!

He is a small dog and was to be a car dog for my mom, they live well out in no where land. He can't stay out there by him self.
Answers:
We had a puppy that used to get sick in the car. He did outgrow it. He loves to be in the car now and anxiously sits by the door to come with us when he sees us putting on our shoes and coat. If it's been at least a year and your parent's dog is still getting sick, I'd talk to the vet about it, esp. since your mother wants to take the dog with her places. The vet may be able to prescribe something to help with the motion sickness. I wouldn't give him any people medication (like dramamine) unless the vet referred it to you. There are some medication out there for us that actually will harm the dogs if they are given it.
Some vets recommend ginger and some Dramamine. Call your vet to get the details based on his size.
You can get doggie Gravol. And no, they do not grow out of it. I had a Pomeranian who would get deathly ill when traveling!!Good luck!

You may want to try pepto bismol before you go to prevent diarrhea and vomiting..here is a dosage chart:
http://dogs.thefuntimesguide.com/images/...
I am glad your mom wants to take him in the car with her, sounds like he is a good little companion. I would call the vet and ask him if there is something you could give the dog to prevent the car sickness. Sorry thats all the advice I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment