Friday, May 21, 2010

My Pug gets goobery stuff on his eyeball... i've waited a couple days but it won't get out...?

It looks like, "sleep" in his eye. I'm sure it's uncomfortable for it to be there, I tried my best to get it out yesterday but he kept figthing me. I don't blame the little guy. It must be scary to have someone attacking your eye ball...
How do i get this stuff out of his eye? Do I have to bring him to a vet everytime? Or is there an easier way that I can do it at home? People's experience would be great.
Answers:
You really should get it checked out by a vet. It could be Entropian, allergies, or just about anything. It sounds like it hurts.
Bathe it very gently with cotton wool ,boracic powder and warm water. If it doesn't clear up, then take him to the vet, because it obviously is an infection.
My dog likes nothing better than having its face washed with a wet wash cloth. I do not put soap on it, and depending on the weather, cool cloth for summer and warm for winter. It only takes a minute, and it keep their eyes clean and un-goopy.
My puppy also get goobery stuff in eyes, like when a human wakes up. What i do is I already have been using eye drops (natural tears like the brand REFRESH) right when he wakes up and it clears it out. The Vet suggested to use it anyways for his allergies, but it also works for this problem.
Now do not use brands like VISINE becuase these are vas constrictors,,, optomologist will also tell you they end up really drying your eyes out and eventually you need them every day... the brand REFRESH are natural tears and are safe to use. its in a blue/green bottle.
I put one drop in each eye in the morning, right after he tinkles... Then i use it depending on his allergies that day!

How old is you pup, this can be an allergy to something too. hope this works! CIAO!

Also i read you wrote he fights you... well have someone hold him down and you try your best to put the drop in. i noticed that if i let the drop build up and then i touch his eye witht he drop it works best, If i hold his eye open and just drop it in from mid air, he freaks out... good luck
My dog has this problem... He is not blind in that eye for other reasons. It is called dry eye... They don't produce enough tears. What I do is put a liquid tear in his eye and a warm washcloth over it and it will slowly work itself out. If you are experiences this a lot, I would see your vet because he can prescribe an eye drop that will help them produce tears. My dog is on Sandimune if you would like to mention that to them. It helps the goobies flush out and makes the dog more comfortable.

I have also tried the perscription cream which helps lubricate the eye and my dog always seems happier after that as well.

Good luck!
It has an eye infection take it to the vet right away. I know because I am a vet

No comments:

Post a Comment