Friday, May 21, 2010

My puppy ate a dead baby bird.?

Is she going to be sick?? She ate a new born pinky bird that was dead in the yard.
Answers:
she should be ok, the only time the dog will get sick is when
1 . they dont chew properly and the bones get stuck
2 . if the bird itself was ill

i would observe her faeces to make sure the bird is passing through and you might notice a little bit of diarrhoea.

There is nothing you can do but wait to see if it passes through, your vet wont make her vomit it back as the bones could lodge in the throat so if she is acting normal then i would treat her as normal and I'm sure it will pass and she will be fine.
No. Won't be sick. Dog's an animal dude.
Eww that's nasty y tellin me. DEAR GOD THAT IS FRICKEN NASTY!
She's a dog... she eats poop too. get over it.
MAYBE MAYBE NOT IF D BIRD WAS POSION AN SHE ATE IT SHE CAN GET SICK. 2 BE SURE TAK HER 2 D VET
Your dog might get sick. It all depends on if the bird was sick or not.
Your puppy will die in 2-4 days, but the good news is I saved a bundle on my car insurance!
The dog will be fine, but call a vet to be sure. Also if she does it again could you put it on YouTube?
no it won't be sick my puppy ate two at once he still bouncing off the walls
Dogs have these instincts especially from baby time. If she get's sick then bring her to a vet, otherwise she will just poop it out the next day.
I'm thinking the bird's gonna be dead. How do you know it's a she anyway?
she should be fine my dog killed baby birds, lizards and frogs she's OK . but just in case take her to the vet .
its just a baby bird..its harmless...you asking questions about something that Licks its own BUTT?
You should call a vet. You don't know what was wrong-even though you said newborn. If you decide not to call a vet-it may be a good thing if she gets sick.
Probably not unless the baby bird was poisioned or very ill, but I doubt that it was. If you're really worried about your puppy, then you can get her checked at a vet, but it's perfectly normal for a dog to eat small animals.
dogs have a scavaging instinct they will eat anything dead or alive! she will probably have the s**ts! DONT WORRY!
This is totally disgusting, but my pup ate a dead bird too. BUT, it had been dead for quite awhile.I was working in the yard and I saw this "thing" in his mouth. He didn't get sick from it and the next day he had a dead MOUSE. WHERE does this come from? I have a nice yard, no junk of any kind.

He never got sick from any of it. BUT I feel different when he wants to give me a kiss now.. Licking ones butt was bad enough but eating dead, disgusting animals is quite another..
You may need to take her to the vet if she is acting really strange. Since the bird was dead she may need antibiotics to keep her from getting an infection. After a check up with the vet make sure she drinks plenty of water and eats well. I have a couple of dogs too and if they aren't being themselves I just take them to the vet.
she won't get sick, but still check a doctor
She may get sick, but I doubt it. My 4 yr old silkie terrier eats cigarrette butts and cat poo (he's named for a vacuum cleaner brand!), and doesn't get sick. If your puppy does get sick, it's likely to do so within an hour or so. She'll puke a few times and be over it. Or, she'll get a bit of diarrhea tomorrow and be over it. I wouldn't worry about it.
she'll be fine but id keep her out side just in case she does get sick and watch out for the bones they can be a hazer
The only way your dog would get sick if the birg was sick. Otherwise it is fine!
Its going to be fine(make sure its not a chicken). My dog ate(killed) a live bird.
the dog shouldn't get sick dogs have more anti-bodies in there body than humans and they can eat 2week old dead snake and be ok the only thing bad about the dead bird is that theyll hav really bad breath
Shes a dog. dogs eat birds--dead or alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment