Friday, May 21, 2010

My pup is starting to poop in his water dish?

My pup is starting to poop in his water dish. I
went to bed 4 days ago and woke up to feed him and he had pooped in his water dish. I am still in the process of training him to go outside to potty. He has been doing well with tee teeing outside, but does poop in the house on occasion, but always on his newspaper. Today he did it again. Why do you think he is starting to do this? I have never heard of a pup doing this before. I am grossed out by it.
Answers:
He's not weird, he doesn't need the dish changed (though I would run it through the dishwasher). He's just being a puppy, and needs you to keep being consistent with what you are already doing.

If you change anything, then don't feed him too close to bedtime, and take him for a walk before bed instead of just going out in the yard.
lol mabey he is one of those really weird dogs you know the ones you should train to use the toilet lol some dogs really do that
now that he has done it pnce, i recommend changing his water dish. Dogs generally poop where they did once. Maybe he did there once nad now that smeel isnt going or the water dish reminds him of the poop, so he does so. They generally live by the smell of it. Next time catch him in action and shout BIG no. Also, when he poops outside, shower him with praises and treats. This would encourage him to go outside and poop. Mine one always poops next to my favorite sofa set while I am asleep:-) Can;t really do anything..he is a kid.
Maybe he thinks the water taste like poop and is trying to let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment