Monday, May 24, 2010

My puppy is dying, does anyone care?

My dog has renal/kidney disease. According to the doctor, his blood tests show levels so high that he should already be dead. The vet showed me how to administer subcutanious IV fluids to the dog, as we can only afford to administer it ourselves, and only every other day.
Answers:
i am so sorry to hear this and i know how you feel because i have the same thing happen to me about 5 months ago and it was the hardest thing for me to deal with. if you don't mind me asking how did he get this disease in the first place. i can only imagine what you are going through and i always told myself that i wished that this would not happen to anyone else but i guess i can't predict everything. again i am sorry and at least i can say that i know what you are going through and i want to say that everything will be ok because you just have to enjoy what days you have left with your little guy and love him. all you can do now is just make him comfortable til the time comes and that is all you can do right now. wow just reading your question it made me tear up and think of my little girl but it also made me think of all the good times we both shared and all the fun we had. you know what just remember all the fun you had with your pup and not the bad. i want to wish you all the best and god bless you and i hope things will go smooth.
I am so sorry to hear that! Enjoy the few days you have left with him
awww poor puppy... :(
man. i care. dogs are cool. im sorry for you
Aww, I'm so sorry to hear that :(
It would be kinder would it not to put him out of his misery?
i am sorry about your puppy feeling unwell . . make the best days ur puppy will ever have before he goes . . =)
I am so sorry to hear that! Please try and enjoy your time with him and let him have the best last moments possible
I do. :-(

Its a hard thing to do- love an animal that is dying a slow and painful death, they have no idea what is going on.

We have endured a few illnesses here, and I am always felt that it was better to not allow the suffering, and end the pain, because of the love I feel for my kid- I mean, my pets..

Sorry
I care. I lost my puppy last week... I miss her
awwwww that is really sad.but if you can't afford to take care of him properly, and if you can't afford to give him the right of medicine he needs...you're only causing more pain and suffering for you puppy.which is more sad.

maybe you should see if someone could adopt him or put him down because you're causing pain and suffering for your poor puppy by not being able to provide the care he needs.
when we are sorry about a death, nature is happy. it means ending a life for us and it means new lifes for nature. it means darkness for us and it means comfort for nature. change your point of view. then you may feel better about that fact. after a long pain full life, he is going for rest. help him to spend his last minutes in peace. good luck
I don't mean to be so blunt, but your dog is suffering. Don't be selfish, put him out of his misery.
Feed it you silly. It's not a stuffed animal.
I do care, and I am so sorry. If your puppy is not suffering, love it as long as you can and let it know you love it and care. If your dog begins to suffer, it is your responsibility to end that suffering. No animal deserves to suffer just so we can have it's company longer. Know when to let go. I am sorry for your pain. I know how it hurts to lose a pet.
I know what you mean, Ilove my dogs and I treat them just like my familly. I hope your dog i not under a lot of pain. I very sorry but at this point just do what ever is better for the dog if he is under a lot of pain I would say just to put him to sleep, I know it sounds cruel but It would be more cruel to let him suffer a long agony before death...

JP
mexico.
I really like animals. I am very sorry that you puppy died. I know how you feel. :( But don't worry, things will get better soon enough! Cheer Up! :)
I am really sorry to hear about your dog, we lost one of ours to renal failure just over 12months ago. It isn't easy watching your beloved pet waist away. You will know when he has had enough, give him lots of love and hugs. But most of all cherish the remaining time you have left with him.
If your pup needs medicine every day to keep it alive maybe you should give up your internet connection the money you save you can use on your pup.

Of course people care about your puppy, even though we dont know you, its never nice for a dog owner to hear about another dog that is not going to make it.

some animals are born with poorly constructed or functioning kidneys and never reach totally optimum health. Eventually, these individuals usually fall into kidney failure at an early age.

there is a site with lots of info about what your dog has
http://www.thepetcenter.com/gen/kf.html...

Once again I am sorry that your family %26 your puppy has to go through this.
awww..that's a bad news..im so sorry for that.. just enjoy the days you have b4 he will leave..:(( ...and give him the best day!
I am SO sorry. I have lost 3 dogs myself. They were my best friends. One of them was 20 when she died and I was devastated. I commend you for doing all you can for you puppy! I wish there were more like you in this world. I do care and I feel for you. Take care.
I DO... i love animals!!! i lost my dog in december due to cancer!!! i feel so sorry for you
I am so sorry to hear about your dog. My dog has kidney failure he is on medication for the rest of his life. It is not easy for me it is expensive BUT I don't mind I love my dog and will do anything for him. It is not easy to put in the IV yourself good luck with it.
dont panic.be calm jus be kind enough to be with ur dog till de last moment coz he might rilli need u!!
hey i care im sorry to hear about your dog i have a dog as well i love animals.enjoy the last day with him and im sure when your dog is gone its going to always live in your heart good luck.
I just lost my 16 year old dog "Corky" at Christmastime. I'm so sorry you have to feel that pain. I had to make the decision to stop his suffering. He also had kidney failure and cancer throughout his body. I stayed with him when they gave him the shot to put him to rest and he looked at me with his big brown eyes like he was saying, "Oh, thank you mom." My heart was broken and still is, but somewhere up above he is a healthy puppy again. I know how bad you hurt and yes, I care.
I care! My puppy died on Sunday May 13th from distemper by the neglect of a petstore. We rescued him but unfortunately we werent fast enough. I am sueing them for the bills.

No comments:

Post a Comment