Monday, May 24, 2010

My puppy died... and it still hurts!?

My puppy died last Sunday, apparently, because he ate some rat poison... and I just can't stop thinking about. I know it was an accident, but I just keep thinking that I should have done more, I feel SOOO GUILTY I can't stand it. I look at his pictures and I want to cry. He was born in hour house, we took care of him from day one... and now he's gone. And he was so nice, so pretty, so cute, so smart... I just can't stand it.
Answers:
Awww, I'm really sorry for your loss. I know what it's like to lose a puppy. I lost a 3 month old pup to Distemper a couple of years ago, and before everyone jumps on me, I rescued her from a Shelter, and the shelter had only given her the first set of vaccines the day I adopted her. I had her all of 10 days and had to let her go.

Please don't blame yourself. Accidents can and do happen unfortunately. I'm going to tell you what I told someone else a few days ago.

No two people grief or handle death in the same way. I know that this is going to be easy for me tell you, but I know it's not easy to do, but you have to try and remember the good times and the happy memories you shared with your pup, even though the time was short. Your puppy will live forever in your heart.

I'm adding a few links to several web sites that may help you in your grieving process, as well a couple of links where you can place a free memorial for your pup and hope that they will give you some comfort during this difficult time.

Again, I'm really sorry and I'm sending my sincere condolences.
Very sorry to hear about your loss. I know it's very difficult to get through, but to me God works in mysterious ways. Maybe there is another puppy out there that needs your help..
Take your time!
Sorry to hear of your loss.

I lost my dobie-girl 2 yrs ago and she was 10 1/2, and it still hurts.

He will always be in your heart.
They have support groups for dealing with the loss of a pet. Check with your local animal shelter or such.
i'm so sorry-

you're gonna make me cry now! :-(
It's just going to take time, It will get better I swear! Time is all that will help try thinking about the good memories! BE strong!
I am so very sorry for you.
get another one
sorry for your loss. i know they are a part of the family.
its not your fault that your dog died but u can still say good bye
Hey Gaby,
In time it won't hurt so much. He will always be in your memories. Think about the funny stuff he did and the fun you had with him. When you are ready, get another pet, dog, cat, hamster, bird, whatever. Just get rid of the rat poison first.
i had the same thing happen to me but with a cat we just moved in to a new house and brong a dog on top of that she died of a heartatak we got her crammated i ray every night to god to less her in heaven my cat bianica i think is having kittens we will keep one and name her after my other cat( maxy) i will pray for your dog i m very sorry for your lost im crying now
.*HeyA...
im so sorry to hear that you lost ur puppy...
my dog phebes dies ther in February n i still sumtyms cry ovr her.
don't feel guilty about it...there was no way you could have prevented your pup from eatting the rat poison. your pup may have had a short life bt im sure u gave it a happy life!...=)
It'll take a long time 2 get over..but eventually it will get better bit by bit...
...amie xX
I'm so sorry..I feel your pain..
I had my angel for 15 yrs.He was a maltese.My mom took him out for a walk and a rotwieler that just moved in next door attacked him and they took him to the vet..the dog broke his jaw gave him a black eye..Basically attacked his left side of the face.They had to put him to sleep on April 27,2007..
I had him since I was 13 yrs old.I still cry while im alone so my mom wont cry...I found a website that you can post a memorial for your dog.Check it out.Terrificpets.com.
It helps!!
Very sorry to hear that. I once had a puppy that died- but now i have another one that needed me more!

No comments:

Post a Comment