Monday, May 24, 2010

My puppy is humping?

Hi there well as i said before i just got a puppy a boston terrier .He was sick for a week and left him at the vet for 3 days per the vet he came home a little mean and he is humping everything is that normall for a 2 month old puppy?>
Answers:
My pup, around that same age, started doing that when we got another dog. I thought he did it because he was excited, as he stopped after a couple days. He may be still not feeling good or frustrated that he was away from you for 3 days, or maybe he is excited to be home. I'm not sure at 2 months humping would be a dominance thing. I would check with my vet just to be sure though.
Showing his dominance... he must have had to barking in his crate while at the vet. It's an alpha male thing
yeah he is frustrated.maybe if he keeps on you could get him castrated.if you dont want to then get him out more occupy his mind
I saw a female dog humping a cat on Saturday so yes -- sounds normal to me!

It is about dominance...not sex.
Well... 8 week old puppy humping everything?? Never seen it in a puppy that young. They'll climb on one another's back, occasionally, but actual humping.. Haven't seen it that young at all. Maybe he was caged beside someone who gave him some nasty ideas...

No comments:

Post a Comment