Monday, May 24, 2010

My puppy has ticks help?

SHE HAD 3 OF THEM AND I TOOK THEM OFF BUT I NEED TO KNOW SHOULD I PUT SOMETHING ON THE SPOTS SHE HAD THEM? SHE IS GOING TO THE VET. ON MAY 15TH SO ILL KNOW MORE BUT TILL THEN I NEED TO KNOW.
Answers:
As long as you got them off the pup will be fine. Ticks are going to be bad this year so I would suggest getting some preventative measures if I were you.
No, not unless it looks like they're getting infected-- if they swell up or get pus around them.
It will probably ich her.
here is a site
http://www.ehow.com/how_2257_remove-tick...
You didn't give her age...
If she's 3 months old, you can start her on flea/tick medicine.
The collars don't really do the job.
The sprays help.
The best is the monthly treatments like Frontline Plus, Advantage, K9 Advantix... but you must read the info on what age the dog must be to use these. You can get these cheapest from a reputable online pet supply house.

Meanwhile... if she's too young to treat monthly then use a spray like Adams after bathing her in a flea/tick shampoo.

You don't really have to treat the spots, but if it makes you feel better, there's no reason not to. You can put a drop of iodine on the spots.

I usually just pull the tick off and kill it.
That's an awful long time to wait for a vet appointment. Call your vet and tell him/her that your dog has ticks. He will prescribe Frontline or Advantix...Frontline Plus for fleas and ticks works best.
Don't do anything to the spots. Just let the vet take care of them; wise choice.
my dog gets ticks we take them off he is fine i will put no medicine he will be fine.
not unless it looks infected (red and puffy) and then just put some antibiotic cream on the areas.
My dog actually had 3 ticks yesterday (on his chin and in his ear, the third one fell off because it was so big so we don't know where). He gets something from the vet which I think is called Frontline. Go to your vet, get it and she will give you instructions on how to put it on your dog. I think you put it on your dog's spine but I am not sure.
If the ticks are so big you can pull them off, they can't carry diseases. Don't worry!
there is nothing you can put on the bite spots, although you can clean the wounds with rubbing alcohol or peroxide along with a+d ointment but none of that can prevent lime.
Call the vet, he should be able to tell you what to do in the meantime until you can get there on May 15th

No comments:

Post a Comment