Friday, May 21, 2010

My puppie just died and my dad wants to wait so long before we get a new one. How do i get him to get 1 sooner


Answers:
I'm sorry to hear that your puppy died. I have a 6 month old Westie, and I'd be devastated if something happened to him. The only reason I can think of that your dad wants to wait a bit, is that he felt real sad about the puppy dying, and can't bear to deal with the pain again until he is ready, or he's afraid you can't handle it for some reason. Or then the other reason, if he's having money problems. That's a common problem with us adults, even a guy like me that tries to save when he can.

The reason I thought of the pain of dealing with a puppy's death, is that I had a doggie for a long time, and when she died, it was pretty sad for me. I felt like maybe I didn't take good enough care of her, or didn't take her to the doctor when I should have. She'd been sick before, and the vet wanted to charge a lot of money to operate on her, then she got better. So I knew she was sick, but a couple of days later, I came home to find her dead. So I waited a very long time before getting a dog again. Some strange people like me feel like they have a kinship with their pet, which is wierd I know, it's just the way they are. Anyway, hope this helps some.
Well tell him you really miss the companionshi of a dog and tell him that you feel empty inside
maybe your dad is in a mourning process.

not trying to be mean, but it sounds like you really didnt care for your last puppy if you are in such a rush to get another one.

i'm not sure of the whole situation so i'm not judging you. i'm jst saying what i feel after reading your statement.
act all sad and depresses and kinda give him " hints"
Don't rush a new pet, if your father isn't ready for one. Also, how did your puppy die? If it was an illness such as parvo, there SHOULD be a wait period before bringing a new one home.
you dont u wait! can be devestating for most people and depends on what your pup died from? be patient and respect peoples feelings and thoughts. a pups living and part of life not so easy to get over.
Sweetie, your dad just wants to mourn, and I think you do too. Everybody needs to mourn when a loved one dies. My family had a cat for 18 years (who passed away over a year ago) and we waited about 2-3 months before we were ready to get a new kitten. I'm so sorry for your loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment