Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My golden is chewing on her....?

my 3 year old female golden retriever is biting and chewing on her front legs and now...between her paws?!?!she is making herself bleed. and it is causing her to have lil bald spots on her well elbows almost.
it is after hours at the vet.. and a sat, so im screwed there. anyone have any advice to last for the weekend???
Answers:
the problem is she might have fleas and ticks that's why!! and if she does buy her a flea and tick collar and flea and tick shampoo it should help where she is biting or buy something that helps dog from itching alot!

GOOD LUCK
Ok my dog does this too but she is a hairless breed so bald spots aren't the problemLOL> I looked it up and it is a sign of a nervous or stressed dog. For example my brother would tease and mess with my dog (he did not hurt her) and it made her nervous. She is doing it a lot less now that he has stopped but occassionally she does it!
Wrap an Ace Bandage around it and they scold or Punish her if she does it more...Be a lil Strict...You Gotta Sometimes...Sorry
I think she might be getting hotspots where she feels the extreme need to itch them, even at the cost of her hurting. I am not totally sure about this it is just a guess. I hope it works out for you and your dog
Your dog could have a yeast infection. My friend has a dog and he did the same thing your dog is doing. Take her to the vet to get her checked out.
Brew a cup of just regular old tea (green tea is OK if that's all that you have). When it cools use an old wash cloth or cotton swabs and bathe the areas in it. Now keep her busy for awhile until it dries. Don't saturate the spot, just dampen them. It is an old home remedy for itchiness and is supposed to be soothing. I've used it for styes and it works. I have heard of it used on dogs just this sort of thing. Now this is assuming that it isn't fleas.
Anyway, it's inexpensive and usually easily available.
Take her to the Vet she may have skin problems and her food may be giving her a rash

Also, I would bathe her. She may have gotten into something in the yard or poison ivy.
She is having an allergic reaction to something she has walked either in or on. Wet a towel in cool clean water and try to wipe her paws and legs off. Dry them off. Have you taken her for a walk somewhere where they may have just put down fertlizer?? Your going to have to keep her paws clean and dry until you can get her into the vets.

Well that expalins alot! goldens are very owner sensitive. They can tell when something isnt right with their owner. so if you've been laid up then yes I'd say stress too. If you do have some benadryl then you can give it to her. Children benadryl is best the chewable kind you can give her 1 tablet 2 times a day.
try giving her Benadryl. It will make her sleepy but should help with the itching. Get the lowest dosage and give her 1 pill. I do this for my GOlden who gets allergies.
well does she have any alergires

No comments:

Post a Comment