Thursday, July 30, 2009

My Labrador will never drink tap water, does anyone know why?

SHE'LL DRINK DIRTY RAIN WATER AND MILK. ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY
Answers:
my dog's the same but he will drink asda value spring water and a 9p for 2 litres I don鈥檛 mind buying it
My dogs kind of the same... he asks to go outside so he can drink water from the pond.. i think its because its colder or something... hell drink tap water only if its just been put there and is really cold.
Maybe it's the chlorine in the water. Does she drink pool water?
Dogs don't care for the chlorine in tap water. Chlorine disapates into the air after a time and that is why many dogs prefer the water out of the toilet bowl to tap water as the chlorine has evaporated from the standing water.
my cats the same,she only drinks puddles or from the birdbath.As long as they drink,its not really a problem
she doesnt like the flouride in the water
WELL YOUR DOG MAY JUST LIKE THE TASTE
MILK IS GOOD FOR THE BONES IF HE OR SHE IS A PUPPY
BUT TOO MUCH CAN GIVE THEM DIARRIAH (S0RRY SUCK @ SPELLING)
RAIN WATER MAY BE NASTY BUT ALSO A LIL HEALTHY
she may not like how it tastes or it may not be cold enough
Is it only your tap water, maybe it has too much chlorine or something. I buy water for my dogs, I won't give them the treated water nor will I drink it.
talk with your vet about his diet. he may be lacking some important minerals.
It could be the chlorine in the water it is maybe leaving a bad taste in her mouth. Try to boil the water let it cool off and see if she would then drink the water
I've heard that dogs like very cool (not cold) water, that's one of the reasons they drink from the toilet. I give my dog water from the fridge, not bottled water, but the water that comes out of the door that cool. She loves it. Where I live the tap water is warm, even out of the cold tap. So the fridge water is just right.
Maybe you could try getting a water filter - he/she may drink it then.

Dogs are funmy amd loveable animals - they all have "their own ways", just like humans.
My cats do that. They don't like the taste of the chemicals in the water %26 much prefer, in their eyes, the cleaner rain water.
u have the same question twice
would you drink council pop?
dirty rain water and milk could be a warmer temperature than freezing tap water , try giving room temp water.
We drink with our meals, dogs don't, so water bowl near to food bowl doesn't click with them. It may also be the flavour of other waters. Remember we are used to tap water, animals always lived on what they could find.

No comments:

Post a Comment