Friday, July 31, 2009

My little dog?

my small chihuahua was fine yesterday,
she just strolled off for a sec when we found her she was dead and her eye and socket had popped right out of her head. she was not shot nor run over please anyone have any idea what caused this?
thank you
Answers:
You don't say where she was. In the city, in a park, or out in the country? Sounds like she encounted someone, or something that hit her hard. Maybe someone kicked her.

Gotta keep those little dogs on a leash, or fenced in! There's just too many dangers out there.

My condolences for your loss. What a tragedy!

follow up: To the person who guessed that it is urban legend that birds will pick up dogs...actually, this COULD be a possible cause. We live in Northern Michigan, out in the country, and we have several Eagles in the area. My vet has advised that I should be careful about leaving my little dog, outside, unattended. He reported that he has known of many cats that have been taken, just this way. And, another gentleman who works with the eagles said he actually knew a family that lost their small dog that way.
I'm really sorry for your loss...

Your vet can perform a autopsy if you really want to know how she died...
omg! i have no idea what happened but im so sorry.
Pressure is the only thing that would cause her eye to pop out of its socket. Pressure would have been caused by blunt trauma to the head. There was some type of head trauma which caused your little dog's injury, likely she was hit in the head by some type of object. I am so sorry that this has happened to your little dog.
J. Smith, Animal Control Officer
Unfortunately, if she was not shot or run over, she was likely attacked by another dog and shaken violently -- or she suffered a horrible, extreme blow to the head. These are the only two options I can offer you as to why this happened to your poor little friend. I'm afraid if it wasn't another, larger animal, then it's possible that a person murdered your pet.

I've also heard of Chihuahuas being carried off by large birds of prey and dropped to their deaths when they struggled, but I think this is more urban legend than fact.

Although the first poster was rude in his/her response, I agree that you need to file a police report. If someone is harming animals in your neighborhood, then the authorities need to know immediately. In the future I would also NEVER leave your pets in the yard unattended.

I'm so sad for you. I have two Chihuahuas myself, and I love them dearly. I'm so sorry this has happened.
If she was out in the country honey a big bird could have gotten her . but with the eye being poped out i would say something hit her hard . take her to the vet if you really want to know . But I would just have a nice creamation service for her I am not kidding i know alot of people who have had their dog creamated. I am sorry for your loss . I have 2 chis and love them both very much . good luck .

No comments:

Post a Comment