Friday, July 31, 2009

My mom isn't keen on getting me a puppy cos she says it'll grow up big and need expensive food. help?

Its a Labrador/Golden Retreiver. And she says it'll need food like beef, steak, whatever when it grows up. is she right? or can the dog eat dog food from packets (like from supermarkets) alone?
Answers:
Your mom is half right, half wrong.
I have one big size golden retriever, and yes, my parents have to spend around RM 100(Malaysian money) per month for my dog, Ginger. But the bright side it, it's absolutely worth it, coz' the dog will learn to love you and it will be your companion, that it of course, unless you treat it badly. And listen to me, dogs can't, I repeat, CAN'T be healthy eating beef and steak. You have to feed it dog food, and that's what the RM 100 is for. But of course, the first month would be quite expensive becoz' you have to buy a cage, some toys for it. Take those and plus the dog food( ask a vet to help you find the right one for your dog. But you can always choose on your own with some advice from friends or whatever.), and it becomes around RM200.

My mom also disagreed with me when I asked to have a puppy. And now, she loves it as much as me too. But I had to g an A in my maths first.
Try getting high scores in your exams, maybe she wll let you have a puppy. Make her a good deal.

Well, that's my advice to you. By the way, nobody can resist cute golden retriever puppies playing together, the chances of you coming with one are 85%.
Yes it can you should always resepct your mother.Maybe your old enough to take care of a dog it's hard rasing puppy's and kids.
No, it certianly will never NEED steak or beef...

However, it will eat a lot more food than a smaller dog would. I'd reccomend, if you get it, putting it on a food called Petguard, which you can get from any health food store. Its the healthiest you can get, since they use no byproducts (chicken feet, cow hooves..you get the picture), and it doesn't use exports from China (which can kill your poor puppy).

I can assure you though your mothers concerns are a little extreme, dog food is pretty cheap.
your mum was right...you should listen to your mum...
save the money for emergency...
She's right, sorry!
The dog will be big and dogs are VERY expensive to keep. Dogs don't need human foods like beef and steak but some owners feed a BARF (raw human food) diet, which can be pretty expensive. A dog will get all his nutritional needs from a HIGH QUALITY dog food - food that you won't find in a place like Wal-Mart. You can find quality food at pet stores that will cost between $30 and $50 to buy. Some are Canidae, California Natural, Solid Gold and Innova. If you can't afford this, forget the dog and wait until you get a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment