Thursday, July 30, 2009

My JRT Liberty passed away a litle while ago! another dog gone to the Rainbow Bridge I think?

to all those who replied in my thread about liberty's trip to the vet, they had to put her to sleep. I might not be posting much for a while as this is the second JRT I've lost since my family had die on us since we moved here. I know that hit and run is the number one killer of JRT's but it does'nt still help me with the pain of my loss. I feel like I've lost a child .
I've got to find out if we can bury her or not. But at least I have lots of pictures of her and precious. I thnk that Princess suspects that her daughter is gone as she gave birth to her and was her mother. Now Princess has lost both her mate and her only chilld(one died when he was two days old, once again very hard on me).

I think that Scruffy was trying to tell me of what was going to happen to liberty since she ran out of the house yesterday while I was sleeping for work. I wish I had listened to him in my dreams. Now I'm gonna have a hard July 4th as it was Liberty's B-day. She was almost 5 years old.
Answers:
I am soory to hear about your loss. You get to choose what happens to the remains of your dog. You can either have him "community cremated" which means he will just be cremated and disposed of with a bunch of other animals, you could have him buried, or you can have him privately cremated (he gets cremated by himself, and you can keep the remains in an urn or bury them). I recommend private cremation and then either burying them or keeping them in an urn. I choose to keep my dog's remains in an urn, and i feel like he is still part of the family-at least in my heart.

Best Wishes
I had to put down my beloved Dalmatian late last August. He was very weak by then and his time had come. Still, he was with me for almost 14 years and I felt like a part of me had died. Everything I've done since is the first time I've done it without him in 13+ years! It is a challenge. Even though it's been over 8 months since he passed. I still think of him frequently. You will never get over this pain. The loyalty and love of a pet is unique.

However, time will decrease the pain. That, and love for other animals and people. I knew my Dal's time was coming, so I was mentally prepared, if not emotionally. As such, I was able to get new pups soon after his death. They are nearly 10 months old now and gave me a reason to keep going. They haven't replaced the Dal I lost, and they never will. But they have allowed me to love again.

I wish you the best during this difficult time. One resource I found valuable is petloss.com. They have a heavily moderated forum there where you can post about your loss, post pictures, stories, etc., and know that you will be sharing with people who truly understand. This website helped me immensely last year.

Take care!
Our little JRT named Angel died in January. She had just turned 1. I let her out in the back yard to go potty, heard her yelp, and rushed outside to see what happened. We rushed her to the vet's, but she died in my arms. Oreo was lost without her buddy, so we got another Jack a couple of months ago. She has ended up being called Angel because she is just like our first Angel. Time heals all wounds, but you'll never forget the pets you've lost. The rainbow bridge is always comforting, but brings tears to my eyes each time I read it.
The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here,
that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor.
Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again,
just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing;
they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together,
but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance.
His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group,
flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet,
you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.
The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head,
and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet,
so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.

Author Unknown
I am so sorry for your loss. In January I lost my 9 month old dog Cinnamon. She was also hit by a car, at first we thought that she would be okay. She even walked to me after the car and hit her and walked into the house by herself. While I was calling the vet (weekend- office was closed) Cinnamon laid at my feet, I was so nervous and was trying to pace the floor but, Cinnamon kept following me so I had to stay where I was. She started peeing blood and we knew that she had internal injuries. It was heartbreaking to say the least. Cinnamon (always had laid on the couch with us) jumped up on the couch to lay down with my 8 yr. old daughter. When the vet called and we got to the vet's office, Cinnamon had to be put to sleep. It was for the best because she was in so much pain, I stayed and petted her the whole time.
I'm sure that Liberty knew your love for her, as Cinnamon knew that I loved her. They will always be missed and not forgotten.
I'm sorry for your lost but its in a better place their probably be waiting there for you
I'm sorry for your loss, but I'm also very ANNOYED.
Why don't you get a breed of dog that doesn't feel the need to escape and run away? Jack Russells are active and need to be out and exercised a lot. If you don't give them the activity they need they will try to go out and get it!! You must be heart broken and I'm really sorry, but your jacks paid the ultimate price.

No comments:

Post a Comment