Thursday, July 30, 2009

My husky had to have a C-Section on Monday?

both her and her size puppies are doing well, my question is that all the puppies look nothing like her or the stud that we breed her with, they are both wolf grey. 4 of the puppies are sable and 2 are dark with tanned ears and face. The odd thing is that i have a malamute that is dark with tanned ears and face, but he has been desexed for almost 8 months now. we did this so that my girl wouldn't have to go through a C-Section because i know that if she had pups with my malamute they would be to big to give birth naturally to. So what is going on??? is there a slight chance that the pups are my malamutes, or can there be variations in colour even though the 2 dogs breed were wolf grey???, oh and yes my malamute and my husky did tie, the day after she tied with the stud dog.
Answers:
The color is probably just in the background of the parents. Genetics can be very unpredictable, especially with something like coloration that is from the combination of many genes. In my last litter of French Bulldogs, I bred my fawn female with my fawn with a black mask male. Both of their parents looked just like them, but all 4 of the puppies were brindle. They have been AKC DNA registered so I know that my dogs are the parents, but as I said genetics are hard to predict. You can try looking in the pedigrees of the parents, because some pedigrees (like the ones that you get from AKC) list the coloration of the dogs in the bloodline.
if you outcrossed this breeding... and did not study thoroughly the stud dogs lines and your b tches lines.. there could lie your problem
Wow, this sounds like a huge horrible mistake. You should know these type things before breeding. You ever sit back and think about the big picture?? Ever seen a pedigree?? You have your dog, then it shows it's parents, and then the grandparents and so on and so on and so on.. ALL these dogs in some way influence the puppies that you have in your house today. This is very basic stuff.. Did you take any of this into consideration.. The dogs behind your dog, the dogs behind the stud dog ... before you bred the two?? Any idea what the grandparents look like, their health status or anything else? You should know all this stuff before breeding your dog.. Then you would know what to expect when you breed a litter.
You've got a variation in coloring thats it. It may not be what you wanted but thats what you got.
Your neutered male can still mate with your dam but no pups can be produced by him at all.
NOTE: Even if you did look at the grand parents even the great grand parents it does not mean that your litter will run true. Color variation can pop up at any time, it a mystery why it happens but it does. I know this from first hand knowledge. And I had 3 generation of the line here with me.
The answer that I love my French Bullodgs gave is correct. And very accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment