Thursday, July 30, 2009

My lab is mixed with some type of terrier, does she look Pit to you?

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g216/k...
Answers:
Lab / shep
Very nice looking dog. No I dont see any pitt.
couldbe lab/staffie
a little bit
I hope there is no "pit". They are bombs waiting to go off..
I think you might be right. cute though
very sweet looking dog and did you know that pitbulls are apart of the terrier family. she could possibly have some pit in her with the way her ears sit and the little squareness of the jaw...if she does have pit in her its very little.
yes she does.
From the looks of it I would honestly say no. But before we go that far please take a look at the link I've given you. It's a short picture game called "Find the Pit Bull Terrier" lol have fun. I do work at a humane society and can honestly tell you that even if your dog does have pit in them that doesn't mean anything. Any dog with good training and a good owner will make a wonderful pet. Some make better better pets than others because of what the dog was originally bred for. example. You wouldn't want to go and get a shi-tzu for a person who wants a calm dog. lol these dogs were bred in china i believe to be used by emperors and lords. They used to keep these little dogs in their sleeve so they would come out and bite and supposedly unloyal people, they were also used to hunt small rodents lol. A little FYI all dogs have funny things that could be said about them.
nay labrador x colie I'd preferably say ; there are not many soft coated terriers around and the jack rusell does have quite significant and dominant colouring of skin, so your dog would be tricoloured.
for sure not a pitbull, not a bullterrier, and none of the hunting terriers.
we bought a pit/rott puppy 1 month ago and your dog looks a lot like a pit! she has the head of a pit.
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t260/...
Not sure, what ever she is, she's beautiful and looks very intelligent.
She doesnt look like she has any pit in her but there is no way to truely determine what she is mixed with.

Lab x are one of the mixes that is very often misidentified as pit bull x, even when there isnt a touch of any of the pit bull types visible in the dog.
just my opinion, but yes she LOOKS like it
Your dog actually looks A LOT like one of my dogs. People have also wondered if my dog is part pit bull terrier. My vet says he doesn't think so because her head is not square enough. The vet thinks my dog is probably a shepherd/collie/lab mix.

That being said, what really matters is your dog's disposition. My dog is very smart, gentle, %26 eager to please. As long as yours is too, I wouldn't worry about what breeds of dogs she is made up of... even though I know we are all naturally curious about that sort of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment