Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My English bulldog is pregnant!!?

Her c-section is scheduled for friday...i was wondering if it sounds petty to put something outside my house like ballons, wlecoming the pups or a sign saying congrats for my female bulldog. She is like my daughter and i am proud of this. Do you think this is petty? Please don't be mean or make rude comments i was just wondering..
Answers:
It's totally up to you.
i would lol.
I think it is sweet! Get her some special treats or something!
Congrates..!!
.
I would do anything to make her feel happy..Ballons, party once the babies are big enough..the whole nine yards..
Congrats Grandma!!!
your idea is very cute..and if i were that attached to a dog i would do the same thing!conrats with the puppies
I don't think it's petty. Pets are people too! Congrats! You keeping any pups?
it's not hurting anyone, so who cares what people think? it sounds a little goofy to me, but who says goofy is bad.

you're happy- so celebrate!
congrats!
congrats. its fine to do what ever you want. good luck
I would do whatever makes you happy and wouldnt care what other people think. My dog before she died was apart of the family so i know where your coming from.

Just dont forget to post the pics of the pups :)
Party away!! She's your baby and you want to celebrate, there's nothing wrong with that!! =) I have birthday parties for my baby so why shouldn't you celebrate? You should check out pet stores to see if they have signs for welcoming new pups. Congradulations and have fun!! =)
I do not think that it is petty. The only bad thing about it is that people will see the signs and want to see the puppies (a big no no). It will stress the mother and expose her and the puppies to many different illnesses. If it is her first litter, she may have a little bit of trouble accepting the puppies in the first place and all of the extra people will make it worse. Just a tip: call you vet and have them give you an iron supplement and start giving it to her a few days before the c-section. It will help build up her body so that she will not have excess bleeding. Good Luck!
If thats what you want to do then DO IT!!! It sounds great. She is special to you and she is going through a major procedure just like a human and she deserves to be congradulated. Think about it she is having more babies then humans too so go for it.
I would! Having puppies is a wonderful thing, and by having a C-Section, it shows that you are a responsable breeder!

Congrats on the new members of you Family!

Have a great day!
I think it's cute. people love little puppies so why not?
plus you said she's like your daughter.
Ekhm, this is a dog- not a human. I think it's a little overboard, don't you have something else to blow your money on?
It's a big event in your life...celebrate if you want to!

My only word of caution is that you might want to wait until after the surgery to put up the celebration decorations. C-sections are never a guaranteed thing and a lot can go wrong. The last English Bulldog C-section I was part of, there were 8 pups and only 2 of them came out of the anesthesia. Most of them never took a breath on their own and one had such a severe genetic defect that it was euthanized. There seemed to be a lot of problems with the whole litter though, so hopefully yours will be healthier.

Good luck and best wishes for healthy puppies and an uneventful surgery!
I think it's a beautiful idea, it's a time to celebrate, you go girl! Congratulations to you both;^)
Aww that is so cute! I would definetly do that! Pets are like family so I can completely understand. Congrats on becoming a grandma or new mommy!
No, I think it's great! Congratulations to you and the mommy to be :)
I wouldn't call it petty.. Unnecessary maybe.. I would save the money for taking care of the puppies rather than buying things that the dog doesn't really care about one way or another. You would be doing it for you, not her, she could care less...
Go for it!! My "dogs" are my children and I even give them bithday parties. Some may think you're nuts, but who cares? She's your baby and you have the right to be proud of her!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment