Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My family and I have just moved & @ my prior house we had a privacy fence for our dogs.?

My question is in regard s to fence's. At our old house we had a wooden privacy fence for our 5 Bullmastiffs. The dogs loved it of course and we loved it for the dogs. However we have moved now and we own some land for the kids and all of the animals but I need to fence in a portion of the yard for the dogs but a chain length does not work well due to one of our females is an escape artist. She can bust almost anything. My husband wants to do a field fence for the dogs but that seems like it would not hold these guys in and I hate to put up a wooden fence because this time it would not be attached to the house and I would not get to see my dogs unless I went inside the fence w/ them. What other types of fences do they offer that is strong enough to keep my ponies inside the yard?
Answers:
A wireless fence. Shock collars, can be quite effective with a dog or 2....but 5 it may not be effective on, if they get over the fence, the others may follow.
I would go with chainlink., or a chain link w/ a shock collar under the link if they are diggerrs. It will discourage them from digging a tunnel.
field fence holds real ponys, bulls, goats. ect... and they do sell a high tensile in a woven wire (squares) version. A CAR hit my uncles high tensile fence - didn't go through though it broke off many of the posts.
our neighbor used a fenceless fence they have 3 pitbulls and they stay in thier yard . . it's a wire that's buried in the ground and the dogs all have a collar that shocks them if they pass the wire.
You might try the kind of iron fences used for swimming pool yards. My friend has that for her Rots.and these are oversized, boisterous Rots.
I have five dogs too. Not that big, although three are boxers and strong. I have a 4 ft chain link fence, and my dogs are escape artists too. I have to keep four of them on a leash (20ft), when they are outside, because they can always find away out, either under the fence or over it. If one gets out, they all want to follow the leader.

If the wood fence worked before, why not do three walls with the wood and the front with chain link. That way you could still see in. I have bought 15 inch metal tent stakes and staked down the chain link fence so they can't get under the fence. I personally don't like electric fences.

No comments:

Post a Comment