Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My friend and i.?

My friend and i want to start a dog walking job.I want to know how much is it to post a thing in the newspaper and can you give us advice because we know nothing!
Answers:
It's obvious by your post that you know nothing, but thanks for pointing it out anyway.

1. Look in the phone book to see if there are any other dog walkers or such vermin in your township. Pretend to want your dog walked to get an idea on what they charge.
1a. Charge less then they do.

2. Call the friggan newspaper and see how much an ad costs.

3. Make some flyers and post them around your 'hood and put them in peoples mailboxes.

Be sure to report ALL income or the IRS will throw you in a prison to rot for the rest of your pathetic life.
usually around 20-65 dollars
Well you have to call your newspaper, cause it's different from paper to paper..

You should do some learnin before you get walking the dogs.. I mean if you showed up and wanted to walk one of my dogs and I was your very first customer.. I would worry that you weren't used to walking a big dog, that you wouldn't know what to do if you encountered an aggressive dog on your walk, what if my dog got away from you, and how do I know that you'll bring my dog back??
Newspaper ads vary by the paper - ones with a larger circulation usually charge more than smaller neighborhood papers. Usually newspapers will list the cost of a classified ad at the top of that section of the paper.

You can also take advantage of free advertising on your local craigslist.org or on bulletin boards in local supermarkets or pet food stores.

If you really don't know much about dogs, I'd recommend volunteering at your local SPCA or animal shelter for a few months, so you know what you're in for. Many of them have volunteer training programs, which will teach you a bit about canine behavior and how to handle dogs. They may even have a newsletter they send to supporters - advertising in there would guarantee that the readers would be pet lovers.
I have a person that walks both our dogs once in a while but here are a couple of websites to give you an idea of what you can do. Craigs list is a great place to post your ad and it's free. Maybe it's better to set up a website, pass out some business cards or post flyers up at petstores. Posting in the paper can get a little expensive. Good Luck.
Call the newspaper office in your area %26 ask them how much it will cost to put an ad in the classifieds under Business %26 Service. Good luck to you!!!
geee. I love this site but I gotta think that if you go to the newspaper's website, you might just find the answer there

No comments:

Post a Comment