Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My German Shepherd Female is Obsessed with....?

..with one of my Cats. I have a Male German Shepherd, a Female Rottweiler, and 2 Neutered Cats. My Female German Shepherd is however, totally smiten and obsessed with one of my cats.

She seems to love him and she is always keeping track of him, sleeps with him, and this goes on everyday. He is just as crazy about her it seems. He seeks her out as well, and at night, she sleeps at the end of my bed, and here comes Mr. Vader, my cat, and sleeps right next to him.

Now I think this is cute, a wonderful story, is charming to see and all that good stuff, but, I almost wonder if she looks at him almost like a Puppy and need to be mothering to him. I mean, afterall; I wanted her to breed with my Male and have two wonderful AKC/UKC - OFI Certified, and wonderfully tempermental GSDs here with award winning pedigrees, but, I am wondering if my "Jinny's" obsession with the cat is keeping her from being interested in mating with my "Zuma".

What do you think folks? Does it seem possible?
Answers:
No, it just shows that you have done a awsome job at socializing your shepherd. Its great to see other GSD owners that are able to show the true form of a GSD. I am glad to hear you will be breading your GSD im sure your pups will be great. I own a male GSD and he is good friends with my girlfriends ginny pigs. He'll play with them as they chase him around the house and he is always so careful not to step on them. My GSD has competed and won many agility and protection competions over the last 3 years and I have spent the last 10 training GSD's. When the time is right, believe me, you will have no problem getting your female to be interested in your male. Good luck with your litter and keep up the great job socializing your animals. :)
No this shouldn't distract her at all. When a ***** is in heat and ready, she will breed with her species.
That's amazing. I've always wanted my pets to get along like yours do! :]

I don't think their relationship is anything to worry about. When she wants to mate, she will mate. They're just good friends it seems!

No comments:

Post a Comment