Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My german Shepherd lives to eat bugs. Are there any bugs native to FL that could harm him if he eats them?


Answers:
Hello, not many bugs affect dogs when eatin...most poisionous things like scorpions or snakes, etc ( don't think Florida has them ) usually only take effect when they bite or sting...then it gets in the blood, most dogs have such short digestive tracks, few things like that bother them..I would do a search on what kind of bugs Florida has, I do know they have alot of roaches...which are not dangerous at all ..Take Care :)
pincher bugs
Bees could harm him
I live in FL also... but my puppy is more into the lizards than bugs. I would stay away from spiders.. there are some really scary looking ones that could probably give your dog a nasty bite. I would also stay away from cockroaches (or "Palmetto bugs" as they are called sometimes) as they may have crawled through roach bait or other pesticide and just haven't died.
yep,while trying to eat a bug like the mosquito it could bite him a give him heart-worm disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment